3.24.2010

In a cabin in the mountains

(My rooftop, Brooklyn, NY 2010)                                    (Sackets Harbor, NY 2008)

I'm going to visit my best friend from high school who moved to Missouri in 2004. He is graduating and having his film premiere in May and I'm going out to see it. I miss him SO much. I was walking back from the laundromat this morning and thinking about the last time I saw him, which was in my old cabin in Old Forge when I was living there for the summer and life guarding in the Adirondacks. When I thought of him, I wrote this on a scrap piece of paper in my head and hoped to remember it:

The last time I saw him, I pretended to be asleep when he kissed me on the forehead and headed out the door to get back on the road. It was easier than saying goodbye.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment