4.21.2010

Things I like, Things I want

My green machine; she rides like a dream. Kelly green.
My bike is so sexy. 

I got a nice wicker basket for the front and everything, I'm going to spray paint it white and put some speakers in there so I can ride and blast my tunes.

I never posted pictures of my new bedroom, my mother came down a month ago and helped me paint and put up shelves/mirrors and schlepped me back and forth from Lowes to Ikea back to Crown Heights multiple times in a weekend. I fucking love my room now.
Now I just need to get some frames and get some shit on my walls.

Next step: the living room. Completely empty and bare-boring-white-walled. I want to paint 75% of it this color:

and leave one of the walls white (maybe two of them).

And I TOTALLY want this couch:
and it folds out into a bed like so:
I want the dark beige color, though.

I bought a beaded speed jump rope, like the kind you'd get in elementary school with the candy stripes (love it). That with my hula hoop and I'm ready for a kindergarten summer.

I want to get white bike rims for my bike. Really bad.

Things I like right now:

-the fact that it takes ten minutes to get to work now.
-that I've realized how well I adapt to my constantly changing surroundings.
-that I hardly EVER go to Manhattan anymore, which consequently means I never buy a metrocard or get on any fucking trains. This makes me very happy.
-that Atiya got another serving job at Madiba in our old neighborhood so I can go visit more
-that I'm going to Missouri soon
-that I'm bringing friends home (road trip!) at the end of May for my graduation party (finally).
-Picking up books at stoop sales on the cheap, or for free (just recently picked up Poloaroids from the Dead. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polaroids_from_the_Dead)

-getting back in touch with old flames
-THIS WEATHER is perfect. Sunny, 70 degrees, a nice breeze... perfect bike riding weather, park weather... everything weather
-getting to do whatever I want at work
-obtaining a ton of new albums (new to me) this week (fang island, friendly fires, old avett brothers albums, fruit bats, the newest caribou album, delorean, local natives, monsters of folk)
-TWITTER. I am loving it now that I've finally figured out how to use it.
-The Riches on Netflix Instant Play
-Being the boss.

1 comment:

  1. Your apartment is beautiful!

    Be careful with shading on the living room blue, though. I bought a very pretty blue for my previous office, and it was Really Bright. I loved it, my office mate thought it was too perky!

    ReplyDelete