12.31.2009

Small Talk and Why I Hate It



So I'm awkward, I will be the first to admit it. I'm only comfortable around my close circle of friends (about ten), and there is never an awkward silence or some feeling of necessity for conversation. Then there are my acquaintances... the ones I only see every few months who feel the need to ask "What have you been up to? Where are you working now?" Chances are the answers are the same, dick. I don't need to fill silence with insincere words to make you feel more comfortable. I am awkward because I give short, annoyed answers when asked questions like these, and I usually don't ask them back, because I don't care. Simple as that. Let's talk about something more meaningful, or don't talk at all. Not talking doesn't mean I'm mad, or upset, or bored... I am just enjoying my surroundings and taking them in. I love to watch people and figure them out. It's the Aquarius (rising) in me. Some people just don't know how to take that... and that is why they stay acquaintances.

No comments:

Post a Comment