4.24.2010

Shouting Over the Manhattan Bridge at 1am



Last night after work I went and met Atiya at Madiba in Fort Greene where she works. It reminds me a lot of my restaurant, Miriam, being so neighborhood-y and all. A lot of locals. Anyway, we sit down at the bar and she introduces me to all of her coworkers and we sit, drink glass after glass of wine, and watch everyone scramble around us working hard. We order a bloody-ass rib-eye and continue drinking, chit-chatting, and delving into some serious [hilarious & mean] girl-talk. Then Frank texted her and asked if she wanted to go see Holy Fuck at the Cake Shop... I hadn't listened to them in years, and this was proving to be an excellent idea- drunk bike ride into the city as a little bike gang. Yes please.

I had never been to Cake Shop before, it was everything I thought it would be: overrated. I hate going into the City. It was way too overcrowded and hot, I was exhausted and drunk and Holy Fuck's droning was proving too much for me to handle and I started nodding off at the bar, so I took it upon myself to go outside and wait for Atiya and Frank so we could ride home. So many pieces of garbage walking down Ludlow. It's cold outside,you're wearing a tank top but calling it a dress, and my god what the fuck is on your feet? You look like a walking advertisement for self-hate and promiscuity. Go back to New Jersey or Long Island. Or Westchester. Bitch.


I hate everyone most of the time.


The bike ride home was so fucking fantastic, it made up for how shitty my experience in the Lower East Side was. We were shouting obscenities at people the entire time, especially "GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY" to all the drunk idiots walking in the street. Such a good way to blow off steam. Once we were on top of the Manhattan bridge, Frank made us stop and shout the best we could over the water. It felt fantastic, extremely reminiscent of Garden State. The photo above is from him shouting at the top of the fence, he fell and landed on his ass after that, it was hilarious. As much as I thought bike riding alone was fun, bike riding in a gang is way better. I love those two.



No comments:

Post a Comment